“The frame of reference now is no longer the Code of Canon Law. The frame of reference is now going to be, ‘What does the Gospel really say here?'” — That’s one response from a Q&A conducted by David Gibson with Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl of Washington DC. The interview, published by the Religion News Service, finds Wuerl emphasizing mercy and pastoral responses as the mode of operation for the future, in accordance with what Pope Francis has requested. You can read the full interview in Gibson’s blog.
News & views from Voice of the Faithful — Keep the Faith, Change the Church
Voice of the Faithful ®
- Catholic Church in California grapples with more than 3,000 lawsuits, alleging child sex abuse / Religion News Service
- Illinois AG’s bombshell clergy abuse report not surprising
- Sex abuse in the Catholic Church: over 1,900 minors abused in Illinois, state says / The New York Times
- Voice of the Faithful Focus News Roundup, May 19, 2023
- Editorial: Knoxville Catholics deserve an update on Vatican’s investigation of Bishop Stika / National Catholic Reporter
Voice of the Faithful
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Join 3,599 other subscribers
- 134,927 hits